Are you a dedicated and motivated individual passionate about making a meaningful impact in the lives of Indigenous peoples facing homelessness? Join the Aboriginal Coalition to End Homelessness Society (ACEH) as we seek to expand our team with the vital position of Indigenous Community Justice Manager. As the manager, you will be integral to our Indigenous Community-Based Justice Program. You will foster relationships with key stakeholders such as BC Corrections, Victoria PD, and the Crown, contributing to developing informed and culturally sensitive program offerings while supporting healing plans and cultural connections.
Additionally, you will raise public awareness, aid in diversion efforts, and facilitate reintegration into the community. You will be responsible for leading and providing oversight of our Community-Based Justice Program, working collaboratively with a dedicated team to provide culturally tailored services to First Nations, Inuit, and Metis (FNIM) individuals in the justice system. Your role will involve liaising with various agencies, promoting public awareness, and advancing alternative sentencing options. If you are a self-starter committed to serving the Indigenous community, we invite you to be part of our mission to address homelessness and promote justice.
- Lead all aspects of the Indigenous Justice Program, including prevention, diversion, Gladue Aftercare, and re-integration into the community for FNIM adults and youth.
- Support, supervise, and oversee the Justice Team, including Indigenous Community Justice Services Elder Mentors, Youth Justice Coordinator, and any contract positions.
- Gladue Aftercare Care Case Management, Healing Plans, and Reporting.
- Provide Gladue Aftercare support individuals with reports and healing plans.
- Build partnerships and support case management for those released to access traditional culture, health, and wellness.
- Support sentencing by educating the courts about the individual’s needs and advocate for Alternative Measures.
- Connection with Court the Crown, BC Corrections, and Native Court Workers to identify FNIM individuals in the justice system.
- Maintain appropriate documentation, records, and systems for case management and reporting.
- Responsible for completing different reporting on financial activities, tracking, and statistics. Working with an Elder to incorporate traditional knowledge and culture into the reports.
- Support individuals with Gladue Reports to address their immediate needs and assist them in following through with recommendations.
- Support the Justice Navigators on developing Healing Plans before and following sentencing.
- Evaluate Program Successes and provide the ACEH Executive Director updates on the developmental needs of the ACEH Justice Program.
- Assist in the development recommendations in the Gladue Report.
- Make referrals and provide advocacy with other service providers.
- Keep apprised for relevant legislation or policy changes concerning judicial and social services fields.
- Maintain confidentiality and ensure client files are secured in a locked filing cabinet daily.
All other related duties assigned.